These text will not display in live site if no content is inserted
DO NOT COPY & PASTE CONTENT IN HERE!!! Copied text will NOT display properly
In your home, we train YOU, the owner(s), as to how to train your own dog. You, the owner(s), take the lead in teaching the dog.
Towns/Areas we come to: Aurora, Downers Grove, Glen Ellyn, Lisle, Lombard, Montgomery, Naperville (South), OakBrook, Warrenville, Wheaton, Winfield and Yorkville.
At BFF, we conduct the training, and the trainer helps the owner learn the cues.
Sessions held at BFF are more economical as you the owner bring the dog to the trainer. Call (630) 258-4327 to learn more.
See session choices below, then scroll down for online payment and registration.
If you'd like to purchase 5+ sessions, add discount code BFF10 at checkout page and receive 10% off.
Please call or email with ANY questions!
1) Puppy Training (AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy behaviors):
Behaviors covered include:
• Watch Me/Focus
• Puppy Push Ups
• Loose Leash Walking
• Leave It
2) Basic Obedience
Behaviors covered include:
• All the above behaviors, PLUS:
• Proper Greetings
• Drop It/Give
• Go To Bed/Lay Down
3) Advanced Obedience Training with Distractions, Distance and Duration
All of the above behavior cues from 1 and 2 above are worked on, but with added distractions (noise, movement, other dogs), at greater distances (come from a further location) and holding a behavior for longer periods of time (watch me for several minutes, sit/stay for several minutes, etc.)
4) AKC Canine Good Citizen
Help your dog become a respected member of the community by demonstrating 10 behaviors:
• Accepting a friendly stranger
• Sitting politely
• Out for a walk
• Walking through a crowd
• Sit down on command/staying in place
• Coming when called
• Meeting another dog
• Reaction to distractions
• Supervised separation
5) Pet Partner Evaluations
Becoming a Pet Partner (therapy team) is a rewarding experience for both you and your dog. Before/during class, the handler needs to take the Pet Partners On-Line Course and pass a written test. This training helps the team (handler and dog) become proficient in the skills and aptitude portion of the evaluation and becoming a Pet Partner.
6) Behavioral Consultations
Help is available for common behavioral issues such as:
• House Training
• Counter Surfing
• Unruly Behavior
• Other specific issues can be discussed
7) Pre-Pet Consultations
If you’re thinking of getting a puppy or adding another dog to your family, it’s always smart to get individualized help to ensure your home and environment is set up for your success and your dog’s. Assistance in puppy proofing your home is available prior to the arrival of your little one:
Bringing home a second dog
• Introducing a second dog
• Evaluating your dog’s temperament
• Socialization with other dogs
• Spending time with your current dog
• Handling the “first” interaction and subsequent behaviors
Puppy proofing your home
• Seeing your home through the eyes of a puppy
8) Baby & Bowser Preparation
Congratulations on your future family addition! Welcoming a new baby should be a joyous experience. It’s an adjustment for you as well as your pet. Help is available to ensure a smooth transition. Preparing your pet for a new baby including:
• Impact on the dog’s senses
• Sight, sound, smell, touch
• Making environmental changes such as where your pet sleeps, barriers/separations, dog toys vs. baby toys
• Routines – helping your dog adjust to changes prior to the baby
• Proper way to introduce your new baby
Online Payment and Registration